Welcome to Assessment as a Teaching and Learning Tool!
Provider no. 11840
5 CPTD Points
Completion time: 6 hours over 4 weeks
Assessment consists of more than just examinations and marks, but also forms an essential part of the teaching and learning process. Many teachers are determined to ‘cover the syllabus’ and then set a test or exam and are horrified that learners do not perform as they expect. This course provides a number of simple ways to include various types of assessment into the teaching and learning process which result in more effective learning taking place.
In this course, we look at how both teacher and learner benefit from feedback during their progress through the learning process. We look at Baseline, Formative, Diagnostic and Summative Assessment in this course, as well as ways to relieve the teachers marking load.
- Assessment as a Teaching and Learning Tool 00:00:00
- Types of assessment and how they function 00:00:00
- The nature of formal assessment 00:00:00
- Formative vs Summative Assessment 00:00:00
- Assignments for Using Assessment as a Teaching and Learning Tool 00:00:00