Welcome to Childhood Stress!
Provider no. 11978
7 CPTD points
Completion time: 8 hours over 4 weeks
This course provides educators with insight into classroom behaviours and learner challenges that are often linked to stress and trauma.
Outcomes of the course:
- Understanding how stress affects children is one of the best things you can learn as an educator. Because when you can recognize the signs of stress, and better still, when you know how to help a child heal from stress, then you can transform all kinds of terrible behaviors into clear thinking, good judgment, healthy zest, and happy attitude
What you will learn in this course
- The “root-cause” of abnormal childhood behaviour patterns.
- Ways kids get stressed, and how to recognise them.
- How to help kids heal from trauma.
- How many parents, educators, and doctors mis-diagnose “childhood stress” as ADHD, Aspergers, or even autism.
- Why “behaviour and learning improvement” drugs can backfire with some behaviours.
|Pre course assessment|
|Pre-Course Assessment: Childhood Stress||02:00:00|
|Module 1: What is childhood stress?|
|What is childhood stress?||00:00:00|
|Stress and trauma in children||00:00:00|
|Module 2: The effects of childhood stress on children|
|The effects of childhood stress on children||00:00:00|
|The effects of childhood stress on children continued||00:00:00|
|Methods of reducing childhood stress for teachers||00:00:00|
|Post course assessment|
|Post-course assessment: Childhood Stress||02:00:00|