COVID-19 has definitely turned 2020 on its head and created tons of obstacles for the South African economy and of course, the education system. President Cyril Ramaphosa has confirmed that South Africa will be on a complete lockdown for 21 days starting on the 26th of March at 00:00 and parents have been warned that this pandemic could result in the complete loss of the 2020 academic year. However, there is still a light at the end of the tunnel as Eduvation offers the opportunity to adapt your teaching methods, create lessons and lectures and conduct meetings and conferences through our online classroom.
Currently, there is a wide variety of platforms available such as Google Hangouts, Skype, Zoom and the list goes on, but our online classroom has a number of different functions that set us apart from the rest.
- Multiple classrooms can be accessed
- All classrooms can be recorded so that you have notes and references for future use
- Unlimited number of participants can join a classroom at any given time
- Live whiteboard function for facilitators to present slides and annotate – all of this happens in real-time which ensures that you never fall behind or miss anything
- All participants can share their webcams (makeup or no makeup). This facility can also be disabled if need be
- Breakout rooms are available for facilitators to have private conversations with participants
- Participants can partake in, or crate polls
- Whiteboards can be shared between privately between participants
The below link will give you a more detailed overview of how the Eduvation online classroom works with regards to the capabilities when it comes to the moderator and the presenter. This will also show you how the polling works and how to allocate students into the breakout rooms. The Eduvation classroom is just a lot more customised.
Pop over to our website for more information and get in touch with us https://eduvationnet.co.za/