PROTECTION OF PERSONALINFORMATIONACT, 4 OF 2013 EDUVATION POPI POLICY 2017 INTRODUCTION
- EDUVATION is a company functioning within the digital technology solutions that is obligated to comply with The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of POPI requires EDUVATION to inform their clients and candidates as to the manner in which their personal information is used, disclosed and destroyed. EDUVATION is commitment to protecting its client’s and candidates’ privacy and ensuring that their personal information is used appropriately, transparently, securely and in accordance with applicable laws. The Policy sets out the manner in which EDUVATION deals with their client’s and candidates personal information as well as stipulates the purpose for which said information is used. The Policy is made available by request from EDUVATION head office.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Section 9 of POPI states that “Personal Information may only be processed if, given the purpose for which it is processed, it is adequate, relevant and not ”
- EDUVATION collects and processes candidates personal information pertaining to the candidates recruitment needs. The type of information will depend on the need for which it is collected and will be processed for that purpose Whenever possible, EDUVATION will inform the candidate as to the information required and the information deemed optional. Examples of personal information we collect include, but is not limited to:
- The candidate’s Identity number, name, surname, address, postal code, marital status, and number of dependants;
- Description of the candidate’s residence and business
- Any other information required by EDUVATION or suppliers in order to provide clients with an accurate analysis of the candidate suitability for any specific role
- EDUVATION aims to have agreements in place with all product suppliers and third party service providers to ensure a mutual understanding with regard to the protection of the client’s or candidate’s personal information. EDUVATION suppliers will be subject to the same regulations as applicable to EDUVATION. With the candidate’s consent EDUVATION may also supplement the information provided with information EDUVATION receives from other providers in order to offer a more consistent and personalized experience in the candidate’s interaction with EDUVATION. For purposes of this Policy, clients and candidates include potential and existing clients or
THE USAGE OF PERSONALINFORMATION
- The Candidates’ Personal Information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected and as
- This may include:
- Providing products or services to clients and to carry out the transactions requested;
- Applications for open job opportunities;
- Confirming, verifying and updating client or candidate details;
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings;
- Providing EDUVATION services to clients, to render the services requested and to maintain and constantly improve the relationship;
- In connection with and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or when it is otherwise allowed by
- According to section 10 of POPI, personal information may only be processed if certain conditions, listed below, are met along with supporting information for EDUVATION processing of Personal Information:
- The candidate’s consents to the processing: – consent is obtained from candidate during the introductory, appointment and needs analysis stage of the relationship;
- The necessity of processing: in order to conduct an accurate analysis of the candidate’s needs for purposes of amongst other suitable job
- Processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on EDUVATION ;
- Processing protects a legitimate interest of the candidate — it is in the candidate’s best interest to have a full and proper needs analysis performed in order to provide them with an applicable and beneficial product or
- Processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of EDUVATION or of a third party to whom information is supplied — in order to provide EDUVATION clients and candidates with products and or services both EDUVATION and any of our product suppliers require certain personal information from the clients and candidates in order to make an expert decision on the unique and specific product and or service
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- EDUVATION may disclose a candidate’s personal information to any of the EDUVATION subsidiaries, joint venture companies and or approved product supplier or third party service providers whose services or products clients require use EDUVATION has agreements in place to ensure compliance with confidentiality and privacy conditions.
- EDUVATION may also share candidate personal information with, and obtain information about candidates from third parties for the reasons already discussed
- EDUVATION may also disclose a candidate’s information where it has a duty or a right to disclose in terms of applicable legislation, the law, or where it may be deemed necessary in order to protect EDUVATION rights.
SAFEGUARDING CLIENT INFORMATION
- It is a requirement of POPI to adequately protect personal EDUVATION will continuously review its security controls and processes to ensure that personal
- Information is
- EDUVATION INFORMATION OFFICER is Francois Naude whose details are available responsible for the compliance with the conditions of the lawful processing of personal information and other provisions of
- Each new employee will be required to sign an EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT containing relevant consent clauses for the use and storage of employee information, or any other action so required, in terms of POPI;
- Every employee currently employed within EDUVATION will be required to sign an addendum to their EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS containing relevant consent clauses for the use and storage of employee information, or any other action so required, in terms of POPI;
- EDUVATION archived client and candidate information is stored off site at Afrihost which is also governed by POPI, access to retrieve information is limited to authorized personal.
- EDUVATION product suppliers, insurers and other third party service providers will be required to sign a SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT guaranteeing their commitment to the Protection of Personal Information; this is however an ongoing process that will be evaluated as
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Clients and Candidates have the right to access the personal information EDUVATION holds about Clients also have the right to ask EDUVATION to update, correct or delete their personal information on reasonable grounds. Once a client or candidate objects to the processing of their personal information, EDUVATION may no longer process said personal information. EDUVATION will take all reasonable steps to confirm its clients’ identity before providing details of their personal information or making changes to their personal information.
- The details of EDUVATION Information Officer and Head Office are as follows:
AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
- Amendments to, or a review of this Policy, will take place on an ad hoc basis or at least once a Clients and candidates are advised to access EDUVATION’S website periodically to keep abreast of any changes. Where material changes take place, clients and candidate’s will be notified directly or changes will be stipulated on the EDUVATION website.